It’s crazy how fast your clean tile grout in your bathroom can get dirty. It’s even crazier to see the transformation after you give it a good scrub; it feels like an entirely different room!
Some people think dirty grout is just “the norm” – that the space in between your bathroom tiles is supposed to be brown and gray. Not true; your grout is supposed to be white – otherwise, that’s dirt and mildew just accumulating on the very floor you walk on barefoot, every single day.
Here’s a simple process (with non-harmful chemicals) to clean the grout in your bathroom.
Fortunately, most of the cleaning materials are probably already in your cupboard. Things you’ll need are:
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Spray bottle
- Brush (a scrub or toothbrush should work)
Steps for cleaning tile grout:
- Fill your spray bottle with an equal mixture of vinegar and water (an even 50/50 split).
- Spray the specific cleaning area generously. Wait five minutes, to allow the solution to sit.
- Give a good scrub with your grout or toothbrush.
- Rinse the scrubbed areas with warm water.
- Now, mix a few pinches of baking soda with water in a small bowl (you’ll want to make a paste).
- Scrub the paste into the grout using your brush.
- Follow up by spraying the vinegar and water over the area. You’ll see the mixture start to build up, but don’t fret! This is a reaction from the vinegar and baking soda.
- Brush the area again.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
If that’s NOT working:
Some stains are too deep for this mixture. For this, we recommend using the Hydrogen Peroxide. Following the above steps, spray the peroxide and then scrub away with your brush. You may need to do this several times.
If that still isn’t working, you can call the professionals. We perform tile and grout cleaning services in Vancouver, WA, and can have the entire room looking brand new.
One important note: we noticed a lot of grout cleaning solutions require the use of harmful chemicals. At My Heaven’s Best, we’re known for our green cleaning products and techniques. So that’s what you can expect when you work with us: a green and environmentally-friendly way to clean the tile grout in your bathroom.