There are a lot of choices when it comes to carpet cleaning…everything from the one man, part time weekend warrior to the huge multi-truck franchise. There are also many different choices in cleaning processes. With so much variety, it can be difficult sometimes to know which company to choose. Here are a few tips we recommend following in choosing the right cleaner for you.
1. Check for reviews online. “Google em up” as we say and read what others are saying about their cleaning quality.
2. Check their rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This is also a great way to see if they are a legitimate company, i.e. licensing, insurance, business history.
3. Ask about the cleaning process and products they use to clean. Avoid heavy amounts of water, harsh detergents, soaps, chemicals. If they cant tell you what the cleaning products they use are made of, look elsewhere.
3. Call and ask for specific pricing. This one is critical if you want to get apples to apples comparisons on pricing. Some companies advertise a “by room or area” pricing structure. This type of pricing creates a huge advantage for the cleaner as it allows them to skew pricing. We recommend asking them to give you a per square foot price, or to give you a price based on the square footage you are wanting cleaned. In this industry there are two good rules to follow. The first is “you get what you pay for” and the second is “If it seems to good to be true, it’s probably not true”. Unfortunately there are a lot of companies who use bait and switch tactics on the phone…this again is a strong reason to demand square footage prices.
4. Don’t be afraid to turn a cleaner away. Any good cleaner will do a pre-clean walk around with you to discuss areas you may be concerned about and also to affirm the price of the cleaning BEFORE they start. If a company arrives and starts singing a different song about price, or cleaning process, send em packing.
Hopefully these tips will help in selecting a high quality yet affordable carpet cleaner that suits your needs. Remember, if you ever have questions…you can always call, text or email us!